Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Introducing: The Beast

Here I'm going to keep a build log of the work I've done on my 1986.5 Nissan D21 (Hardbody) 4x4 pickup.  This is what the truck looked at when I picked it up on March 3, 2012.  I should have started this when I bought it, but didn't, so I'll try my best to catch up and note the date when I actually did the work.



I gave $650 and a set of wheels that I suspected were damaged for it.  It needed a clutch but otherwise was in pretty good shape. Below is how it was upon purchase:

3.0L VG30i V6 engine
4x4
5 speed transmission
250k miles
All power options, SE trim
Practically new tires
Interior in mostly good shape, carpet replaced with matting. Some cracks on the dash. Driver's side arm rest is janky.
Decent paint (been repainted)
Mismatched front fenders (driver's side is from a RWD)
Mismatched mirrors (driver's side is non-power)
Emergency brake doesn't work

As I said the truck needed a clutch and wouldn't run at all.  I had it towed to a local transmission shop to have the clutch replaced.  That would take 3 days...

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. The rock in front of the front tire to keep it from rolling away designates true refinement and class.

    ReplyDelete