It looks really out of place being so clean and shiny, but I opened the bleeder valves on the calipers and let fluid drain down the lines, then bled it at the wheels and everything seemed fine. By the time I got everything ready to go and the wheels back on, it was pretty dark. I backed it out of the garage and drove it around the yard a little, breaking the new parts in. Steering felt great, but the brakes were a little squishy. Later we found that I hadn't tightened the MC bleeder valves enough. While dad was holding the brakes I tightened all those back up. Good news I guess, is that I got a good bleed out of it haha. Once that was tightened the brakes seemed fine. I parked it for the night to come back tomorrow.
|Old MC and a collection of rags that have built up since this project started|
|Here it is chilling at a client site|
Since it sits outside, I installed a set of wheel locks to keep someone from jacking the wheels/tires. Also got a replacement rear center cap since it's been missing for a while. Installed that and retentioned the e-brake cable one evening. It's coming together! I still need to fix the headlight switch and finish the speaker install, but it's coming along! I updated the to-do list a few minutes ago to reflect the current status.