SO... last we left off I had pulled the CV boots and ordered new axles. Those came in late the next week, so off with the old and on with the new. Yanking the axles wasn't too bad. I did have to remove the front shocks though. Basically stripped the front end down to where only the torsion rod and A arms were left. I bought a pipe wrench to use to hold the axles while removing the bolts. Being careful, I managed not to damage the axles any. In about 20 minutes or so both old CVs were free. I boxed the old CVs up thinking that I needed to turn them in to O'Reilleys (I had ordered repro axles) but I ended up getting new ones instead. I haven't heard many good things about the new axles, but this was a different brand and has a 3 year warranty so oh well.
|A grand struggle was had to get to this point.|
|So clean...so shiny|
|Getting this far took entirely too long.|
After getting all that crap done, I rebuilt the tie rods and installed those. The tie rods weren't too bad, but it did take about an hour to finish them. Getting the old ends off required me jumping up and down on a couple wrenches after soaking them in Liquid Wrench. Installing the new ends was easy enough.
|New rod ends make that center piece look like a dog turd.|
|Nissan Hardbody freerunning hub brake system: limited dildo edition|
|This is the side with the jacked up 4x4 hub part (passenger)|
|The driver's side, all good except one bolt on the 4x4 hub that has a dirt dauber nest behind it|