Friday, May 4, 2012

FFFFUUUUUUU!!! Factory speaker wiring SUCKS

I was all happy a week or so ago that I'd be able to use the factory speaker wiring to go to the doors.  Then it quit working on the driver's side >:(  So I got to re-run it to that door anyway.  It took about 45 minutes to get this done.  Those grommets are stupid thick and the one behind the dash is down in a hole in the side, requiring me to bend a hanger into a really weird shape to fish down behind the dash, through the opening in the cab, through another hole that's in another piece of metal because trolling, then through the opening where the grommet is.  This better work when I actually get it connected...


The lower grommet going into the door
The upper grommet going into the cab, this is the one that required the mystic hangar voodoo


Flipping proper amirite?  At least it will have moar legit wiring than the factory stuff when it's actually connected.  I'm hoping to do that today.  I did this on my lunch break yesterday and didn't have time to come back and finish it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment